Snail mail & phone calls

Quick post this morning, busy week ahead!

Don't forget that the confirmation votes for Betsy Devos and Jeff Sessions are tomorrow. If you are against these nominations call your senators and call:
Call: Senate HELP Committee Chair, Lamar Alexander (R-TN) 202-224-4944
Call: HELP Committee Ranking Member, Patty Murray (D-WA) 202-224-2621

"Hi. I am calling to oppose Betsy Davos for secretary of education." 

 For Jeff Sessions:
Call: Senate Judiciary Committee Chair, Chuck Grassley (R-IA) 202-224-3744
Call: SJJC Ranking Member, Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) 202-224-3841

"Hi. I'm calling to oppose Jeff Sessions for Attorney General"

This weekend I went out and stocked up on blank cards to mail my state representative and senators. I will simply be writing on my opposition of my top 3 most important issues. "Hello I am resident of xxx. I am writing to oppose..." Short and sweet.

I found 8 packs of cards in the dollar section at my local Target. You can also make your own postcards. I hope to do a few of these in the future, when I am not trying to finish  really good book in my spare time.

Target dollar cards
Hoping to send Thank You cards at some point...
I also made a quick pdf of my State representatives address's and my senators address. I can print this out and cut and tape the address down to minimize my time on these. I was able to list the address twice. If you would like a copy of the pdf for; Tim Murphy, Robert Casey, Patrick Toomey email me and I will gladly send it to you.

You can find your local representatives, state here, senators here.

Power of the pen!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A great Geek Week

The End of Winter Weekends

Tidying the closet; my love for shoes, bags and clothes