Kids Summer Break - Monthly Subscription Boxes

My kids attend public school. The hubby and I both telecommute full-time jobs. Needless to say, summer-break is a bit of challenge. So, every year we have the kids come up with a mental list of, "Things I'm going to do this summer". We always try and incorporate reading, crafts, board-games, accomplishing projects, camping, biking, writing pen-pals (actual snail mail) and anything outdoors.


Backyard picnic's are always fun.

 Normally we sign the kids up for camps; science, art, swim, sewing and more. This year we decided against the expensive camps (often $150-$300 a pop), just signed up the 8yo for swim classes and decided to try and curb some costs so we can a little bit of traveling adventures.

I have signed up the 8yo, Odin, to a 3-month Kiwi Crate subscription. Once a month he will get a box with his name on it, with a craft or science related project. I'm very excited and hope that it will occupy the little guy for a couple days... Hoping... look for a future blog post about our first crate and others. For three months its $60, but if you follow the prompts and post about your purchase on a social network you get $10 off your purchase. Yeah!

I have also signed them both up for "treat boxes". They both received good grades and unlike their parents, no calls from the principal. So I signed up Odin for a 3-month subscription to Nerd Bock Jr. Its another once-a-month box that has kids toys that are associated with video games, or comic books. Unfortunately, I couldn't use the vlogger coupon I had so at $13.99 a month, for three months it came to $55 dollars.

My 12yo, Darby, is an anime and manga fan, so I went with a 3-month Kawaii Box subscription. According to online reviews it comes packed full of fun items from Japan; toys, stationary, snacks, pencils, etc. Cost was the same as Nerd Block, $55 for 3 months. She wants to do a few sewing projects this year, so agreed her other parent, summer-investment would go to those projects.

For now they count down the days until school ends and wait by the mail box.

Mailbox monster.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A great Geek Week

The End of Winter Weekends

Tidying the closet; my love for shoes, bags and clothes