Seattle. The last of a 12 day adventure.

The final 3 days on a 12 day business trip was spent in Seattle. Lucky enough we had a great resource for good food and beer. Thank you Sally!


I have never been a cyclist who prepared for rain. If I have a rain jacket on me, I wear it. If not, I get wet. Seattle averages 71 sunny days a year and averages 38"'s of rain per year. While Pittsburgh, where I am currently living, gets 59 sunny days a year and 36.9"s of rain. Seems easy to me, to be able to survive Seattle weather after living in the 'burgh for the past 9 years. Yes it was slightly rainy and overcast the entire time, but really, it was not that bad.
The bike lanes in downtown Seattle were impressive from start to finish. Lanes that were routed around bus stops; bike lanes that kept the right hook in mind, and just bike lanes. Enough said.
One difference about Seattle in comparison to San Francisco is you can detour around the hills to find an easier route. The entire city of Seattle seems to be perched on top of a hill, so no matter what way you turn, you will have to face that hill. The bike lanes made it tolerable and the short bursts of climbing was easy to make into a mental game.

My loaner bike.

Flipside Hats. The owner makes them out of up-cycled material in Portland, OR. 
Just an adorable flapper-eque style hat that I could not resist to purchase at the Seattle Bike Expo.

Kat Sweet coaching kids in at the Seattle Expo. 
She is a great women's coach, a talented rider and just a cool lady.
Here website: sweetlines.com

It has taken me too long to finish this 12 day tale, so I want to finally wrap it up.

Pinball. Endless hours of entertainment.


I have always been a gypsy at heart, wanting to pack it all in and travel, meet new people and ride in new places. For now, with a couple little ones, it looks as though traveling whenever I can and trying to drag them with me on occasion will have to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A great Geek Week

The End of Winter Weekends

Tidying the closet; my love for shoes, bags and clothes