12 days.

For twelve days I went on a business adventure.
I had a bit of a dilemma with my camera settings, thanks to Justin Steiner and his amazing photo knowledge, I finally have access to my photos!
It started on March 1st, getting onto a plane at 7am with a few of the Bicycle Times/ Dirt Rag posse. Heading to North American Handmade Bicycle Show being held in Sacramento, CA. Although I grew up partially in the cities of Ventura & Ojai, CA I had never made it to Sacramento. Its California. Slightly overcast, chilly in the shade & warm in the sun.
While the skilled and very knowledgable Editors and Photographers made their plans on first interviews and photos, I set up our amazing new booth. After years of laying out visually appealing/ foot stopping retail stores, I was excited to be part of a merchandising creation again.
Watch out for that guy under the table.  

Thursday night we were sponsor of ArtBike! a call to artist who incorporate bicycles into their art.
These were the top three artistic bike builds:




Kevin Greenburg is the builder.

A night of beer and gourmet pizza at Hot Italian, that involved pears and raw spinach, we started the NAHBS weekend.
The next three days I was drooling over handmade bikes made with precision and creativity. What was even more astonishing is how humble a lot of the builders are.
Bicycle Times and Dirt Rag did some great in depth coverage of NAHBS, go check that out and see some really nice photos, and coverage.
Here were some of my favorite bikes.











There was a ton of great bikes, I could fill pages with eye candy.
The last one was the 1888 Whippet.


Riding in downtown Sacramento was refreshing. A flat city full of bike lanes. I had no run in's with angry drivers and came across vertical and artistic bike parking frequently. There was an array of bikes riding throughout the day and night in all forms, I ate a lot of delicious food and enjoyed a little of the Sacramento night life.
I saw quite a few Rat Rods on my rides. Oh the joy of living somewhere flat.


My next day was traveling to San Francisco...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A great Geek Week

The End of Winter Weekends

Tidying the closet; my love for shoes, bags and clothes