temper. temper.

I wag a mental finger at a friend today. Who has made the decision that he hates all cyclist. Well, this is a problem... I'm a cyclist... Are we friends? No, not super close friends. hmmm.. this makes me look at the source of this newly found information. Facebook.
Facebook is a place to spew nonsense about yourself, your family or what you love and hate. I know, I do it all the time. It's the drug of choice by millions.  We don't sit in bed and smoke anymore (well, referring to myself.) I sit and "check" my social networks. With my internet capable phone less than a foot away.
Did my husband just text me from downstairs? yup.
My friend is not a cyclist. I consistently spew tons of advocacy, cool gadgets and reviews, plus the occasional bash of the current town we live in, has no concept of the benefits to creating a bicycle infrastructure. Maybe my over love has pushed him from "not being into it (cycling)" to a "shit the fuck up about it" stage.
I must be who I am, and he must be who he is.
I cannot change everyones mind about bicycling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A great Geek Week

The End of Winter Weekends

Tidying the closet; my love for shoes, bags and clothes