Day 1- Nightfall

Day 1 night
We trek down in Bill's truck (Steve's Dad). Through mud and a small river patch that is higher than it should be, to a camp spot proclaimed Pot Springs. The possibility of more rain and not being able to cross back over sits in the back of my mind.
My shoes are saturated, within a few minutes my clean/dry socks already soaked through to my feet. There are a group of annual Memorial Day friends and family who all smile as we walk up. Odin won't go near the fire and D's shyness goes into full effect. She eventually decides to indulge in a smore. Lil' man goes for an apple, half asleep he sits in my lap and nibbles on his apple, occasionaly falling asleep between bites.
We head back down to camp and yes, we make it back with no problems.
Beer in our bellies and the kids asleep. Sigh of relief for a few minutes to ourselves.
I know, I must come to terms with a full bladder.
Bill had shown Steve where a hidden "Pot Toilet" is up the hill, by the old boys camp buildings. It is full of cob webs and bugs, but its better than my bottom hanging out in the open hoping no one ventures my way. There is a tub of lyme powder, I'm told I have to sprinkle this powder when I am done with my "business" to help it break down quicker. Note to self: lyme powder is also used on dead bodies to help them decompose faster.

Had to get up once in the middle of the night to pee, cursed at the reoccuring rain a few times, but I did get some sleep, the thought of coyotes running through the woods behind us showing up in my dreams.
* Going to look into getting a Go Girl. I want to pee standing up!
* Baby wipes are a girl's best friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find your escape place

A great Geek Week

The End of Winter Weekends