Bicycle!

I managed to ride my bike to work and back a total of 3 times this week. Giving me 42 miles logged. Not too bad, considering I have not commuted on my bike consistently for (it's sad to say) quite a few years.
Along my journeys this week, I was reminded of all the uncreative names yelled at you when you ride in an area that thinks the roads were paved only for them. (Ahem. Know your history, paved roads were petitioned by cyclist) You get the typical one's: a-hole, jerk, fag (the most popular) wuss (you ride 8+ miles and see how much of a wuss it takes to ride a bike.) Today I got one that actually made me double take the young driver.... wait for it.... Geek! Oh yeah. That could have had something to do with my blindingly bright green, orange and yellow see me wear jersey http://www.seemewear.com/ or it could just be some sad attempt at an insult. Geek, definitely. That's not even slightly offensive.  Can I get a little creativity here?
After being pummeled with a bit of rain today, that was quite refreshing, I saw a huge black snake on the side of the road and an image flashed through my mind before I realized it had no head. Where is Patty Haynes when I need her, imagining her standing on pegs behind me shotgun in hand ready to take down any and all giant black snakes!
I could make the statement that my bike kills no animals, but my husband would disagree, he had an incident with a groundhog.... I am going to leave that one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A great Geek Week

The End of Winter Weekends

Tidying the closet; my love for shoes, bags and clothes